submit your news
VisitScotland to Focus on Sustainability at IMEX America 2019 with 13 Partners on Stand
VisitScotland Business Events and 13 of the nation’s top industry partners are gearing up to showcase why Scotland is the global meetings destination of the future at IMEX 2019, the largest ‘MICE’ exhibition in North America. This year VisitScotland will highlight sustainable practices, showcasing innovative minds that are taking Scotland into the future through its three-year Where Ideas Become Legend campaign, which launched with a fanfare at IMEX 2017. VisitScotland will be joined by partners ranging from DMCs, unique historic venues, 5-star resorts and new developments along with world class golfing venues.
Glasgow has continued to reel in awards at the prestigious Meeting and Incentive Travel (M&IT) Awards on March 1, 2019, as it was named the UK’s Best Convention Bureau for a record-breaking 13th consecutive year, along with the Scottish Event Campus (SEC) being crowned Best UK Conference Centre. Glasgow is a leading destination on sustainable tourism, being the only UK city to be included in the Global Sustainability Index (GDS Index) which is a sustainability ranking of leading international conference destination – it is currently ranked 7th in the world. There are over 90 parks and gardens in Glasgow, eight of which have won the UK’s coveted Green Flag award, and at 32 percent Glasgow has the second largest proportion of green space for its residents of any European City. Nearly 160,000 delegates came to Scotland’s largest city with 530 conferences held in in 2018/19. 2019 is a milestone year for medical association conferences converging in Glasgow, with 13 taking place through to November, which will bring more than 20,000 UK and international delegates to Scotland’s largest city.
VisitScotland will be at stand C3036 during IMEX America 2019, providing educational opportunities regarding the unique traditions and cultures that Scotland has to offer. In addition to its stand, VisitScotland along with London & Partners will host a networking reception at Sushi Samba on Tuesday, September 10 at 5:30pm, showcasing Scotland’s world-renowned hospitality.
Here we outline VisitScotland’s IMEX partners and their many developments and accolades:
• 2B UK: Founded in 2015, 2B UK has become a leading DMC specializing in events across the UK, with an emphasis on London and Scotland. The office manages everything from event staffing to design & interior, and specialize in delivering unique, never done before experiences.
• Cameron House: The 5-star baronial mansion of Loch Lomond is a quick 20-minute drive from Glasgow Airport, offering luxury accommodations, elegant meeting and events spaces, a world-class spa, 18-hole championship course and more. Surrounded by 400 acres of woodland, this property offers everything to deliver an inspirational event.
• Cashel Travel: This incoming DMC works exclusively in the UK and Ireland, operating in MICE, luxury and group travel, providing multilingual expertise and successful relationships with its partners.
• Convention Edinburgh: Scotland’s capital city is a leading conference destination and offers world-class facilities with continuous investment and new developments. Edinburgh is considered ideal for conferences up to max 2000pax, as this historic city is 27th in the ICCA World Rankings, boasting 20,000+ beds. Edinburgh Airport, Scotland’s busiest airport, with connections to 157 destinations.
• Edinburgh International Conference Centre (EICC): Located in central Edinburgh – Scotland’s capital city – EICC remains one of the world’s top conference venues. Since opening in 1995 the EICC has welcomed 1.3 million delegates from more than 120 countries generating £600M in economic impact for the city region. Notably, 66 percent of EICC’s clients are repeat customers. In May 2018 EICC won the Gold Award for Best Event Venue over 1,000 Attendees at the National Venue Awards. In November 2017 the EICC became one of 11 world-wide organizations to receive one of SEAL's (Sustainability, Environmental Achievement & Leadership) inaugural awards for our leadership in and commitment to sustainable practices. EICC’s Lennox Suite has the world’s first hall-wide tension wire grid and moving floor combination designed to deliver an array of different event set ups.
• Experience Scotland DMC: This bespoke DMC offers services ranging from incentives, to conferences to product launches to any made-to-measure requirement. Since 1992, the company offers conference organizers and project managers who will devote their energy, expertise and enthusiasm to make your conference, event or roadshow programme a success.
• Glasgow Convention Bureau: Voted Best UK Convention Bureau for the last 13 years, Glasgow’s experienced conventions team continuously develops its city-wide strategic partnerships, world leading Conference Ambassador Program and bespoke public engagement activities to support UK, European and international clients with hosting a successful and memorable meeting in Glasgow. Glasgow aspires to become one of Europe’s most sustainable cities by 2020 and in 2016, Glasgow became the first UK city to join the Global Destination Sustainability Index of leading international conference destinations, Glasgow ranks 7th in the world.
• Macdonald Hotels & Resorts: Macdonald Hotels & Resorts is a group of 45 hotels across the UK, Spain and Portugal, and can offer everything from a large convention for 1000 delegates to a small board meeting. Each hotel has a unique style and character as well as a host of services and facilities for corporate events, conferences, meetings and team building - from quality dining to free wifi coverage throughout the hotel and meetings spaces.
• Scottish Events Campus (SEC): Situated in Glasgow, The Scottish Event Campus (SEC) is Scotland’s premier integrated events venue, with over 22,000sqm of infinitely flexible space. The Campus comprises of three venues – the SSE Hydro, the SEC Armadillo and the SEC Centre. Between these, there are 20 meeting rooms, five exhibition halls and three purpose-built auditoria. The most recent addition to the SEC is the SEC Meeting Academy – a repurposed space on the mezzanine level of the SEC Centre. The contemporary space is suitable for small meetings up to 300 delegates and can be used both as a single space or as an additional breakout for larger meetings. Situated on the banks of the River Clyde, the SEC is continuously evolving and now boasts over 1,200 hotel rooms on site, with the most recent addition being a Radisson RED hotel with a rooftop bar. At the other end of the campus, you’ll find the new Clydeside Distillery, a thoughtful repurposing of a former dock pumphouse which gives additional hospitality options for organizers. The SEC benefits significantly from strong cross-city partnerships with organizations including Glasgow Life, Glasgow Convention Bureau and Visit Scotland which ensures delegates always receive a well-rounded, authentic experience.
• Sheraton Grand Hotel and Spa, Edinburgh: Following a multimillion-dollar refurbishment, the 5-star Sheraton Grand Hotel and Spa is home to a new dedicated events space, complete with its own private entrance from the forecourt. With 14 flexible function rooms, the Conference & Banqueting area is the largest of its kind in an Edinburgh hotel, and thanks to the innovative design and room layouts, it is equally suited to everything from meetings and exhibitions, to banquets and celebrations. At almost 1,700 square-feet, the Edinburgh Suite is the city’s biggest hotel venue, while the Atrium is an impressive pre-function area that forms the center of the space.
• Spectra: Offering over 60-years of industry experience, Spectra is a premier DMC that utilizes relationships with their supplier partners to create unique experiences for visiting Incentive participants – from surprise refreshments in an unusual location during an Edinburgh city walking tour to recreating a full blown Highland Fair in a private castle. Tapping into the vibrant venue and restaurant scene around Scotland, Spectra showcases the country’s amazing larder of fresh, artisan and local ingredients from land and sea.
• Fairmont St. Andrews: The 520-acre five-star Fairmont St Andrews resort encapsulates luxury, elegance and truly breathtaking surroundings in the ‘Home of Golf’. The property is recognized as one of the top golf resorts in Scotland – voted 18th in "The World's Top Golf Resorts" by Conde Nast Traveler reader's poll & ranked number 22 in "The World’s Best Golf Hotels" by Golf Digest. Over the past 3 years the resort has undergone a series of refurbishment projects updating all the hotel’s public spaces and all the resort’s bathroom facilities, in addition to all 17 Suites undergoing a full refurbishment. In early 2019 Fairmont St Andrews Hotel event space also underwent refurbishment. Now with 15,000 square feet of flexible meeting space in Scotland and much more, including the 6,179 square foot Robert Burns Ballroom which can support events of almost any size with external doors to allow vehicle access, the John Barbour 106 theatre style auditorium and ten multi-purpose large and small meeting rooms with natural daylight.
• Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian: Built in 1903, Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian, is one of Edinburgh’s most significant landmarks. Located in the heart of the city center, a short walk from Edinburgh Castle and 20 minutes’ drive from Edinburgh airport, this luxurious hotel boasts the most castle facing rooms in the city, allowing your guests to admire stunning views from the 241 guestrooms and suites. It is also one of the most splendid venues Edinburgh has to offer for incentives, meetings and events: with eight versatile meeting rooms to choose from; seminar rooms and classrooms through theatre, cabaret style and banquets, to a reception for up to 500 guests. The grand and luxurious Castle Suite is the largest meeting room at 2357 square feet and features stunning chandeliers and hand painted murals. All meeting rooms benefit from natural daylight and free wifi access.
For more information about VisitScotland and their industry partners or to set up appointments during the conference, please contact Stevie Carey at email@example.com or +1 (212) 444-7169.
VisitScotland is Scotland’s national tourism organization. Its core purpose is to maximize the economic benefit of tourism to Scotland. VisitScotland’s Business Events team drives meeting and incentive business and generates more than $800 million in revenue annually for the country. For information about business tourism in Scotland—press releases, tourism statistics and frequently asked questions—go to https://businessevents.visitscotland.com/about-us/.
FIND IT - MARKETPLACE