submit your news
CEIR Releases Fourth Head of Marketing Insights Report
The Center for Exhibition Industry Research (CEIR) announced today the release of How B2B Exhibitions are Judged, Where It is Essential to Deliver Results, the fourth report in its newest series providing insights from marketing leadership at organizations in North America.
This report provides valuable data for both organizers and exhibitors looking to understand the most popular metrics exhibitors use to evaluate the performance of exhibiting and where metric users find B2B exhibitions perform best.
“Goal setting and specific outcome metrics are key to enhancing the chances for success for any exhibitor,” noted CEIR CEO Cathy Breden, CMP, CAE. “The information in this report provides guidance to better assess how their event is most likely judged by exhibitors, and where to focus moving forward to enhance exhibitor outcomes.”
“This report provides benchmark statistics exhibitors can use to compare to their practices and refine metrics to more tightly align with their end goals for exhibiting,” said CEIR VP of Research, Nancy Drapeau, PRC. “Metrics offer useful guideposts for a number of decisions: determining whether to exhibit at a new show or continue exhibiting at an event and whether to change the level of investment in an exhibition based on metric results. Metrics also help prompt discussions on what support services or activities are merited to maximize specific exhibiting outcomes.”
This report provides results relating to:
In addition to total results, differences in results are reported by:
- Extent of use of performance metrics – overall, ROI metrics, intermediary performance metrics
- Specific metrics used
- For which metrics, users identify B2B exhibitions perform best
- Extent of use of metrics – whether limited to evaluating B2B exhibitions only or used more broadly across channels
- Ideas for organizers to consider to enhance chances for maximizing success against performance metrics
- Ideas for exhibitors on how to use benchmark statistics
The Head of Marketing Insights Series includes five reports. This is the third in the series to be released:
- Organization size, by number of employees
- Heads of marketing by generation
- Part One: Overview of Marketing and Sales Approaches, Most Urgent Objectives, and Brand Image of the B2B Exhibition Channel to Support Needs
- Part Two: Aligning Exhibit Sales for Success
- Part Three: Overcoming Non-Exhibitor Objections
- Part Four: How B2B Exhibitions Are Judged, Where It Is Essential to Deliver Results
- Part Five: Future Plans for Use of the B2B Exhibition Channel
The Center for Exhibition Industry Research (CEIR) serves to advance the growth, awareness and value of exhibitions and other face-to-face marketing events by producing and delivering knowledge-based research tools that enable stakeholder organizations to enhance their ability to meet current and emerging customer needs, improve their business performance and strengthen their competitive position. For additional information, visit www.ceir.org.
FIND IT - MARKETPLACE