submit your news
CEIR Releases Second Report of Head of Marketing Insights Series Aligning Exhibit Sales for Success
The Center for Exhibition Industry Research (CEIR) announced today the release of the second report in its newest series providing insights from marketing leadership at organizations in North America.
Aligning Exhibit Sales for Success takes a close look at the decision-making process when deciding whether to exhibit at a B2B exhibition. Results are based on surveyed heads of marketing at organizations that use the channel in their marketing mix. The report also pinpoints where these heads of marketing find B2B exhibitions deliver high value in helping them achieve their organization’s urgent marketing and sales objectives.
"This short report evaluates who is apt to be involved in deciding to exhibit at an exhibition and how the decision-making process varies, contingent upon whether it is a new or repeat event," said CEIR Vice President of Research Nancy Drapeau, PRC. "It includes powerful data that makes the case of the value of using the face-to-face channel to achieve the most popular, important objectives for exhibiting."
"Business-to-business (B2B) exhibition organizer sales leadership and their staff will benefit from this data," noted CEIR CEO Cathy Breden, CMP, CAE. "It can serve as the basis to discuss an event’s sales processes and brainstorm ideas on how to refine exhibit sales efforts to convert more prospects to first-time exhibitors. It also speaks to the critical importance of following a game plan that aims to maximize exhibitor retention."
"Understanding what heads of marketing think about the B2B exhibition channel is critical to the health and viability of the channel," said David Audrain, Executive Director of the Society of Independent Show Organizers (SISO), which sponsored the study. "SISO is proud to underwrite this important initiative."
To learn the two additional components to a successful sales strategy, download the report at https://www.ceir.org/products/2773
This report includes easy-to-use scripts of relevant CEIR data for exhibit staff to mention when making the case for the value of exhibiting to prospective exhibitors. This data can also be used by marketing to pull the most relevant statistics into their exhibit sales collateral.
This report provides results relating to:
The Head of Marketing Insights Series includes five reports. This is the second in the series to be released:
- Job titles of those involved in the decision to exhibit;
- Budgeting process for exhibiting;
- Departments handling logistics after the decision to exhibit is made; and
- The value assigned to using B2B exhibitions for the most urgent marketing and sales objectives that tie back to the three most popular important objectives for exhibiting – sales lead generation, branding efforts and relationship management.
- Part One: Overview of Marketing and Sales Approaches, Most Urgent Objectives, and Brand Image of the B2B Exhibition Channel to Support Needs
- Part Two: Aligning Exhibit Sales for Success
- Part Three: Overcoming Non-Exhibitor Objections
- Part Four: How B2B Exhibitions Are Judged, Where It Is Essential to Deliver Results
- Part Five: Future Plans for Use of the B2B Exhibition Channel
The Center for Exhibition Industry Research (CEIR) serves to advance the growth, awareness and value of exhibitions and other face-to-face marketing events by producing and delivering knowledge-based research tools that enable stakeholder organizations to enhance their ability to meet current and emerging customer needs, improve their business performance and strengthen their competitive position. For additional information, visit www.ceir.org.
FIND IT - MARKETPLACE