submit your news
Events Industry Council Announces 2018 Hall of Leaders inductees and Pacesetter Award Winners
The Events Industry Council announced today the 2018 class of Hall of Leaders inductees and Pacesetter award winners. An overwhelming response was received to the call for 2018 nominations, and those selected for these honours will be recognised in October at an awards celebration.
The Hall of Leaders award is the premier recognition programme in the events industry that recognises a body of work and achievements of distinguished and lasting value by leaders who have played an integral role in shaping our industry. The Hall of Leaders Class of 2018 inductees are:
The Pacesetter Awards recognise the valuable contributions individuals are making to impact the events industry today, as well as charting the course for a thriving future. The 2018 Pacesetter Award recipients are:
- Corbin W. Ball, CMP, CSP, DES, MS, Corbin Ball & Co. (Nominated by Attendee Management Inc.)
- Henry S. Givray, SmithBucklin (Nominated by AMC Institute)
- Edward Liu, CEMS Singapore (Nominated by International Association of Exhibitions & Events)
- Deborah Sexton, FASAE, DLS and Associates (Nominated by Professional Convention Management Association)
“To be able to recognise such impactful leaders in our history is a true privilege and we couldn’t be more excited to honour these awardees. Each notable in their own right, these individuals have made invaluable contributions to our industry and we cannot wait to come together to celebrate each of them in Las Vegas this fall,” shares Karen Kotowski, CMP, CAE, CEO of the Events Industry Council.
- Sustainability & Corporate Social Responsibility: Jeff Chase, Freeman (Nominated by Freeman)
- Innovation: Zena Phillips, CMP, CPCE, Hilton Worldwide (Nominated by National Association for Catering and Events)
- Young Professional: Jessie States, CMM, Meeting Professionals International (Nominated by Meeting Professionals International)
The Events Industry Council will continue the tradition of celebrating these new inductees at the 2018 Hall of Leaders and Pacesetter Awards Celebration on October 16, 2018 in Las Vegas, Nevada, during IMEX America. For information about sponsorship and purchasing tickets to join us for the awards celebration, please visit www.eventscouncil.org.
The Hall of Leaders has been a symbol of industry excellence, achievement, and inspiration, welcoming hundreds of pioneers into its ranks since its inception in 1985. Inductees have demonstrated the forward-thinking and innovation that shaped the events industry into what it is today. To review past Hall of Leaders inductees, please visit www.eventscouncil.org/hall-of-leaders.
The Events Industry Council’s more than 30 member organisations represent over 103,500 individuals and 19,500 firms and properties involved in the events industry. The Events Industry Council vision is to be the global champion for event professionals and event industry excellence. We promote high standards and professionalism in the events industry with the Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) programme and our four signature programmes — Sustainability, Industry Insights, Knowledge, and Leadership — that represent the key initiatives, assets, services and products for the Events Industry Council. Learn more online at www.eventscouncil.org.
FIND IT - MARKETPLACE