submit your news
Shows & Events
Inagural Transform USA Sold-Out
Last week saw the gathering of 125 key industry professionals
including C-level executives from some of the USA’s largest exhibitions
and convention organizers, at Transform USA, to discuss the future of
data, analytics and digital in the events industry.
Taking place at the Marriott at Metro Center in Washington DC on Thursday,
July 20, 2017, this inaugural conference, organized and curated by global
strategy consultancy AMR International and US-based events organizer
Lippman Connects, gave attendees a guided tour on how to strategically
plan and develop long-term data, analytics and digital transformations.
Some of the key findings from the conference included:
- Growth of the exhibition industry is not going to come from net square feet.
- Customers are different now. Attendees arrive to the show having researched products in advance using online tools. Exhibiting companies are demanding more tangible returns on investment.
- The discussion around data, analytics, and digital is not a technology discussion. It is a discussion about the culture, skills, and capabilities required of exhibition organizations to drive transformation.
- There is a mandate to design metrics for success—simple, relevant metrics derived from the data (behavioral data in particular) collected from exhibitions. Some examples include key buyer engagement and customers moved through the conversion pipeline.
- While the data exists in abundance, the difficulty now lies in making the data actionable, predictive, and in a form, that can be monetized. To achieve those goals, organizers will require, at a minimum, core skill sets and an organized approach to technology vendors.
- The API economy as a mechanism for facilitating integration across the technology ecosystem will help the industry implement solutions that are tailored to the needs of specific organizations.
Denzil Rankine, Executive Chairman, AMR International said, “There is a
lot of excitement, as well as confusion and concern, about how to deal
with the changing environment of exhibitions and specifically how to
harness digital and analytics. At Transform USA, we took attendees on a
journey dedicated to the topic of data, analytics, and digital starting
with some perspectives from the market and our audience and concluding
each session with some takeaways that are practical, not just theoretical.
Our mission is to guide the transformation of the industry.”
Sam Lippman, President, Lippman Connects added “This topic is life
changing for all of us, for our organizations, and our events. We have
worked with exhibition and convention professionals for the last 17 years
through our portfolio of Lippman Connects events, addressing issues and
challenges in the exhibition industry. And through all of this, digital
and analytics kept coming up. So, with AMR’s team of bright professionals,
we developed a program and a blueprint that we believe will impact
organizations and their events in a transformative way.”
Elli Riley via LinkedIn - "Your event today was great! Much needed for
the industry to come together and discuss this "new way of doing business"
Transform USA 2017 was sponsored by a2z, ASP, Balluun, CNTV, Convention
Data Services, Educational Measures, Experient, Explori, Feathr, Freeman,
Gleanin, Grip, Map Your Show, mdg, Poken, PSAV, Shepard, Sherpa and VISIT.
Transform USA will return in June 2018 to Washington DC. Visit
www.transformusa.com for more details.
About AMR International
For over 25 years, AMR International has developed unparalleled experience
in the events industry. Today, as the events industry accelerates along
its evolutionary path, AMR’s mission is to act as a guide for
organizations seeking to navigate this change. AMR supports all facets of
strategy, event lifecycle, data and digital, operational and transaction
support. AMR is also a regular advisor to financial investors in the
events industry, providing strategic M&A support in emerging and mature
About Lippman Connects
Lippman Connects produces ECEF, Attendee Acquisition Roundtables, Exhibit
Sales Roundtables and Large Show Roundtables for exhibition and convention
industry professionals. Facilitated by Sam Lippman, these events bring
together qualified professionals to share best practices, resolve common
challenges, and forge productive professional relationships. Participants
take away copies of exclusive research studies produced by Lippman
Connects and Exhibit Surveys.
FIND IT - MARKETPLACE