Don't you know it's gonna be.alright? Alright. (But will it?) In our mediated age of constant and instantaneous connection-all-the-time and everywhere-we are witnessing a desire for greater "mindfulness" with some people even resorting to practices such as taking a "digital sabbath." Maybe the solution is to rediscover the art of face-to-face conversation. Join us to:
• Explore the nature of real conversation versus mere communication
• Learn from an exercise where we practice "silent conversation"
• [We interrupt this bullet-point to answer a text-message. OK, back now.]
• Examine ways to enliven our everyday use of language
• Actually talk to one another!